How do we deliver real social value in construction? Surely properly consulting the people who it will affect most would help. What don’t we do that?
Want to know how open data helps us evaluate social value? We need to tailor the social value requirements to each job we do, because the parameters are different deepening on a number of factors.
Andy Mitchell of the Construction Leadership Council stated “I don’t think there are many tier ones at all who are abusing the payment terms and delaying payments”. Is that correct?
There is a tricky connection between construction industry payment terms and social value. We need to change the way we work, and we need to start now.
- Do We Need a Pan-London Approach to Social Value?
- Are We Afraid of Communities? Delivering Real Social Value
- How Open Data Helps Social Value – Can Social Value be Objective?
- Construction Industry Late Payments – Are Tier One Contractors Blameless?
- How Construction Industry Payment Terms Affect Social Value and Why We Have to Change Right Now